Games are fun! I spent my afternoon playing Checkers with a 90 year-old retiree. While the others were struggling to make small talk with the other old folks, all I had to do was to stare intently at the checkerboard.
Of course I managed to converse with my opponent too. He told me that he was a mechanic, and that he worked in the sewage treatment industry, and that he set up a business later on in the shipping industry which went
bankrupt. LOL? I didn't know how to react when he said that. So I just smiled and nodded tentatively. But he just continued on matter-of-factly that it couldn't have survived anyway, and shrugged. We returned to our checker match.
Over at the other end of the room, Wei Ru and Jia Min were exclaiming over the fact that one of the elderly ladies was a Paranakan. They bombarded her with questions pertaining to the 娘惹(Nonya) culture - "从前的娘惹是不是不可以出门?"
I hope we managed to bring some cheer to them. It's gotta be lonely being stuck in a nursing home all the time. I was reminded of last December when the old folks at East Coast wanted us to stay longer. Just now, when we had to leave, I was almost reluctant to go - though it was partially due to the fact that our checker match wasn't over.
My next CIP is gonna be at the
zoo! Hahaha.. It'll be full of games and we'll be in charge of kids! Best of all, I'll get to see the AH/TJBMT gang!